Sunday, October 19, 2008

the curse of heart

In sports, as in life, the most important thing is not really to win, but to "have heart" beyond and above to have an immense store (some may opine an inextinguishable and inexhaustible store of "heart") of "never say die". Winning for the sake of winning is no victory. Winning as an end is really simply, a loss of spirit, or as those religiously inclined may think, sinful. The journey of growing this monstrosity, is in fact the reward, the prize. Each day as I vainly scoped my mug I fell in love with myself all over again, and again.

I look forward to shaving as soon as possible, probably Thursday evening, if not sooner. I seek to return to modest humility and objectivity (or a release from narcissism), that characterizes the mark of a mature individual and one capable of loving (Fromm).

xoxo,

Lazer

No comments: